1. How to use recovery record to recover bad file? Some of our files have been added 3% to 5% recovery record (depends on the file’s size). If you would like to check, simply right click the file -> properties -> Archive. You will find “Present” in “Recovery record”.
2. It is not likely that the file downloaded is bad. If it is a bad file (please click here to find bad files), you will find “xxxx bytes” in the “Recovery record” instead of “Present”.
3. To recover a bad file, simply open winrar and click “Repair”.
4. Please click “OK”.
5. Winrar will find whether the bad file has a recovery record and try to rebuild a new file. For a successful recovery, the rebuild file’s name is “fixed.xxxx.rar”. If the rebuild file’s name is “rebuilt.xxxx.rar”, the bad file recovery is more likely fail.
6. If you cannot recover the bad rar file using recovery record, we can provide you recovery volume or rev file to reconstruct the rar file.