1. If you cannot recover the bad rar file using recovery record, please use recovery volume or rev file to reconstruct file (Please click here to find bad rar files).
In this example, part06.rar is missing.
2. Please double click the “.rev file” and click “Yes” to start the procedures of reconstructing part06.rar
3. The checksum is needed to calculate.
4. When the checksum is finished, “1 volume missing” is detected. The system is start reconstructing part06.rar.
5. The file part06.rar is reconstructed. Please compare with the Date Modified to other files.
6. Let’s unzip the rar files.
7. The folder is created on 03:36 am.
8. The game/ pkg is also created on 03:36 am.
p.s. Recovery volume or rev file is powerful tool to reconstruct the rar file. Let’s use simple mathematics to explain its concept:
Suppose there are 5 rar files and 1 rev file. Each file store a certain value (algorithm of winrar).
part01.rar (12), part02.rar (5), part03.rar (34), part04.rar (67), part05.rar (29) and game.rev (147).
The relationship of certain values are 12+5+34+67+29=147.
If part02.rar is missing, the certain value of part02.rar can be found by using the rev file.
part02.rar can be reconstructed.
To conclude, recovery volume or rev file contains redundancy data that can be used to reconstruct missing files within a rar volume set. The number of rev files present cannot be less than the number of corrupt or missing volumes.